Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday, Bella!



Last Saturday was a very special day in our household.  My first born fur baby, Bella, had her first birthday!  I can't believe that Bella, my best friend on four legs, is already a year old.

Before Bella came into our lives, I had been begging my husband for a puppy since berfore we even got married.  At that time, my heart was set on a yorkie (or another breed of itty bitty dog).  I was not a "big dog" type of person.  Closer to the time that we got Bella, I began to have my heart set on an English bulldog.  With their round bodies, their wrinkly faces, and their lazy attitudes, I was smitten.  Travis told me about American bulldogs and my reply was "Are they big?  Then no."  I wanted nothing to do with them.  Against my will, I did a bit of research on them and learned that while they look differently, they had similar personalities to English bulldogs.  Then, I met Bella.  As soon as she wiggled her way onto my shoulder, she had stollen my heart.


Since brining Bella home, Travis and I have learned a lot.  We learned not to leave our shoes laying around.  We learned that American bulldogs are not the best swimmers.  We learned that some dogs (especially white dogs) can have skin allergies.  But most importantly, I learned that dogs are incredibly loving and forgiving creatures.



Needless to say, I had a lot of fun celebrating Bella's birthday.  Saturday night, we had another couple over for dinner and they brought their handsome dog, Bentley, who I am sure Bella is now in love with.  The dogs had so much fun running around the yard.

Bentley
 The pups were even treated with some delicious homemade pupcakes and doggie ice cream!  They couldn't get enough!

The birthday pup is all smiles with her special treats!
 


Nom nom nom nom!

All in all, it was a fantastic day filled with fun and yummy treats.  As you can tell, I love to spoil my girls.  They aren't just my dogs, they are family!  Do you ever have celebrations for your dogs?  What special treats do you make them?


P.S.  There may be some special pet related tutorials coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment