Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Donna's Bundle Part 3

Dear readers,

The last time I filled you in on the progress of Donna's bundle, it consisted of 23 lovely letters. Since then, letters poured in from all corners over the world for 3 weeks straight! I am happy--- ecstatic even--- to tell you that, when it was all said and done, Donna's bundle consisted of a whopping ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN beautiful, sincere, incredible handwritten letters from 28 states, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, and Brasil. Each time a new letter arrived, I read it completely speechless and in awe of the generosity shown by so many perfect strangers. Before this experience, I knew that More Love Letters was a wonderful organization. However, I didn't quite grasp how widespread and powerful it was until I read through all of the prayers, love, and uplifting words myself. It nearly brought me to tears each and every time... I can only imagine how Donna has felt reading through them!

But before we talk about the letters' arrival on Donna's doorstep, let me show you how I packed the bundle. I wanted the box to be full of happiness when she opened it. So I lined the interior of the box with floral wrapping paper. I secured the bundle of letters with a bright pink satin bow and tucked it into the box along with matching stationary, pens, a white porcelain pen holder, and two movies... "You've Got Mail" and "Letters to Juliet" to with the theme! 




Then, as a finishing touch, I used the inside flaps of the box to give Donna a little background information about what she had received. I included the amount of letters she had received, where they had come from, the More Love Letters website, and a handwritten letter from yours truly.







And of course my sweet Savannah supervised every second of the project... She's so ladylike! Haha!


Here's the final package... A box full of happiness meant for a woman who truly needs and deserves it!


Check back next week for the conclusion of Donna's bundle! I'll be sharing the boxes journey from my door to her's all the way in Kentucky and Donna's reaction. And in case you haven't started scribing letters of your own, what are you waiting for? It's time to jump on the love letter bandwagon and start helping to change the world one letter at a time!

Always, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment